‘Dead Cells’ Updates Pack is Now Available for iiRcade
by Scott Ledingham on May 10, 2023
Chicago, IL - iiRcade Inc., a premium home arcade console that allows gamers of all ages to play their favorite retro and modern games in a true arcade style, is pleased to announce that the Dead Cells ‘Updates Pack’ with downloadable content (DLC), officially licensed by Playdigious, is now available in the iiRcade Game Store for $14.99.
One of the top selling games in the iiRcade Game Store since launching in March 2021, Dead Cells is a critically acclaimed Metroidvania action platformer set within an unpredictable castle packed with dark secrets, game changing items and hordes of deadly beasts.
Named winner and nominee for dozens of Game of the Year awards in 2018, the Metroidvania modern game allows game players to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle, unlock new gear and gain access to unreachable areas in a fight to the death.
The Updates Pack will include:
- "The Bad Seed" - adding two new biomes, as well a boss for early game content
- "Fatal Falls" - adding two new levels, eight new enemies, seven new weapons, and a boss
- "The Queen and the Sea" – Battle through a rotten shipwreck and burning lighthouse
- All free DLC updates such as “Practice Makes Perfect” and “Legendary” are included up to v3.0
Those who have already purchased Dead Cells can easily add the DLC content through the iiRcade Game Store. The Dead Cells Full Bundle (Base Game + Updates Pack Included) is also now available for $34.99, a savings of $5 from buying the game and DLC separately.
“Dead Cells has been one of the more popular games on our platform. It’s a perfect fit for iiRcade, being an action-packed modern game with a retro feel that plays extremely as an arcade game,” said Jong Shin, founder & CEO of iiRcade. “Many of our users have enjoyed and finished the original Dead Cells game, so it’s great that we can add new challenges for the iiRcade community with the release of this DLC.”
Originally released on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, iiRcade is the only home arcade system that offers Dead Cells.
Dead Cells features:
- RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.
- 2D Souls-lite Action: Tough but fair combat, the iconic dodge roll, more than 90 weapons and spells with unique gameplay… The unforgiving action wed to the absence of any kind of safety net makes for an adrenalin pumping ride each and every run.
- Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Ramparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style, or just your mood.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist infused air.
Each iiRcade comes with 11 pre-loaded games: Dragon’s Lair, Double Dragon, Gunbird, Beach Buggy Racing, BombSquad (online multiplayer party game), Snowboard Championship, Diver Boy, Dragon Master, Maniac Square, Twin Brats and Fancy World, with more games downloadable, including free games, on the iiRcade store (https://iircade.store). The Dead Cells Gold Edition also comes with a copy of the original game.
All games are officially licensed and available at affordable prices, and new titles are continuously added to the growing iiRcade store library. The full list of currently available games can be found on the iiRcade store.
For more information and to order iiRcade, visit iiRcade.com.
iiRcade is a premium home arcade console that offers a gaming experience like no other. Play the retro arcade games that you remember and the latest modern games in amazing arcade style. With cinematic gaming experiences powered by 19” high-density display, 100W of powerful stereo sound, premium 2-player arcade controllers and device optimized for the best arcade gaming experiences, iiRcade delivers arcade gaming that is so immersive, you will feel like you are inside the game